Serena Edwards giving a thought of the day:
"Start living now. Stop saving the good china for that special occasion. Stop withholding your love until that special person materializes. Every day you are alive is a special occasion. Every minute, every breath, is a gift." Mary Manin Morrissey
Al gave us a variety of presidential questions, meant to stump but apparently we have some president historical geniuses in our midst. Tony Hinson was the "winner" of the president's quiz, as he answered Al's questions before he finished them!
Al took over the jokemaster as well. Kim saddled both Grammarian and General Evaluator. Serena took up the ah bell and counted the ballots. Joyce kept the time for all.
In attendance: Sam, Bill, Tony, Kim, Joyce, Serena, Phyllis, Al and Alex. Guest: Candice Fritz (Serena's friend).
Phyllis led the Table Topics:
- "What political office would Honey Boo Boo run for? - Sam Mullis said she could run for state legislature, Governor or even President, but he thinks she could run for Sheriff.
- "What would it take for teachers to motivate their least motivated student?" Tony Hinson talked about his microbiology teacher who kept his students guessing when he changed his grading system for every test.
- "Tell about an adventure you have had with a service technician." Al Minter talked about his adventures with the Time Warner Cable technicians.
- Alex Porter: Speaking to Inform: Demo Speech: "I'm Better than They Are."
- Phyllis Kombol: Storytelling #2: "The Swine of 4708 Fieldbrook Drive."
- Bill Battermann: CC #10: "Our Workers."
Tony evaluated Phyllis (3:07)
Sam evaluated Bill (3:21)
Best Table Topics Speaker: Tony Hinson
Best Speaker: Phyllis
Best Evaluator: Sam
AH Stick: Tony
- Humorous/Evaluation Contest: Sept. 22, Contest Chair: Karen Boothe. If you are interested in being a part of the contest (participants, judge, ballot counter, or timer), please contact Serena or Karen.
- Area Contest: Oct. 6
- Division Contest: Oct. 20
- Fall Conference: Nov 2-4, Hickory
- DUES ARE NOW DUE! Please send in dues to Treasurer Sonny Tolbert
- Funny Bones meeting in Greensboro on Sept. 8 from 3:30-5:30 p.m.
- Sept. 8: Officer Meeting
- Happy Birthday Betty Walker! (her birthday is today!)