Today's meeting, led by Toastmaster Jessica Keyes, had the theme: "Forgotten Voices"
Phyllis opened the meeting as Presiding Officer.
Kathy Kombol gave a thought and introduced Jessica.
Serena Edwards gave a Joke and took over as Ah Bell/Ballot Counter.
Shyam Narayan was Wordmaster/Grammarian, counting the times we said the Word of the Day: euphemism.
Joyce timed our events.
Kim Jackson was Table Topics Master. She shared some thought-provoking quotes on "Voices":
- Richard Archer had the quote:
- Joyce Preston had a thought about the quote, “Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow" by Mary Ann Radmacher.
Best Table Topics Speaker: Richard Archer.
Speakers of the Day:
- Cynthia spoke from the CC manual a speech titled, "I Declare War."
- Jerry Weikle's speech was "Choose One of Three."
- Mike Hall spoke from the CC manual with a speech titled, "Duct Tape."
Karen Boothe evaluated Cynthia.
Alex Porter evaluated Jerry.
Sam Mullis evaluated Mike.
Best Speaker: Cynthia
Best Evaluator: Sam
Ah Stick: Mike
- Phyllis thanked all who helped with the Tall Tales Contest.
- Serena to evaluate Phyllis' Presidential acceptance speech tonight to help her achieve her ACL.
- Goldmine Toastmasters turned 50 in 2009!
- Recognized Richard Archer as a 36-year Goldmine member.
- Communication Award Recipient this year, David Goforth, is the third from that organization to receive our award.
- District 37 Family Weekend, July 26-29 in Boone. Sign up at District 37 website.
- Division B Humorous & Evaluation Speech Contest, Oct. 20
- Disctrict 37 Fall Conference, Hickory, NC, Nov 2-4