Serena Haneline shared the answering service at the mental institute as the joke of the day. Bill Batterman commanded the word of the day, "trepidation," as Wordmaster/Grammarian. Jessica Keyes took over Al's job as Ah Bell/Ballot Counter. Serena did double duty, taking the role of Timer as well.
Alex Porter led the Table Topics centered around the word of the day.
- Lee Johnson told us about the last "rose buds" he had gathered lately (or not!)
- Jerry Weikle said the method of transportation that would cause him the least trepidation was a train over a plane and meeting a strange fellow on the last train he was on.
- Kim Jackson was asked which would cause her the least trepidation, finding a snake in her bed or Bill Batterman and Sam Mullis? She talked about the last trip overseas when she was asked about the tarantulas that may have been sleeping with her!
- Jessica Keyes talked about her experiences of trepidation with parking decks over parking lots.
- Amy Beam, speaking from #3 of CC manual: "Gods and goddesses," spoke about her dogs, Thor and Athena, in which she has a foundation named after.
- Matthew Charity, from Specialty Speeches Advanced Manual, "Oh, the Places You'll Go," did an interpretive reading of Dr. Seuss' book of the same name.
Best Speaker: Matthew Charity (Amy disqualified for time)
Best Evaluator: Alex Porter
Kim Jackson wrapped up the meeting with her thorough evaluation of the meeting, reminding everyone to please be on time or early (ESPECIALLY for new Toastmasters!)
Business Meeting led by Presiding Officer Jerry:
- SPECIAL REMINDER: Please send all nominations for the Communication and Leadership Award to Jerry Weikle NO LATER than Wednesday, May 30 so that all nominations can be voted on at the June 2 meeting.
- Reminder to bring your Leadership manual to get evaluated for roles done!
- July 14: Tall Tales Contest/Ice Cream Contest: Need more participants and help with the contest. If you are interested in being a part of these exciting contests, email Phyllis Kombol.
- July 21: Annual Banquet at Union St. Bistro
- Serena reviewed next week's agenda. Next weeks' Toastmaster: Richard Archer