Joyce Preston opened the meeting as Presiding Officer and Richard Archer shared a Thought of the Day, introducing the Toastmaster of the Day, Sam Mullis. Mike Hall shared a joke as Jokemaster. Other roles filled for the day: Insook Lee as Timer, Karen Boothe as Ah Bell/Ballot Counter, and Sonny Tolbert as Grammarian/Wordmaster (word of the day: "zeal").
Table Topics Master, Matthew Charity gave three interesting table topics.
- John Shepherd talked about the following: "Warren Buffet gives you a million dollar and you have to donate 90% of it to charities and keep 10%."
- Kim Jackson talked about the interesting topic: "You are feeding popcorn to birds in a park and the birds ask when the movie is being shown."
- Sonny Tolbert talked about "If you could travel in time, where would you go and why?"
- Cynthia Randolph gave her Icebreaker speech (time: 6:20).
- Amy Beam gave her Icebreaker too (time: 7:00)
- Phyllis Kombol spoke from the Successful Club series speaking on "Why is Goldmine Called a Distinguished Club?"
Shyam Narayan evaluated Amy (time: 2:50)
Jerry Weikle evaluated Phyllis (time: 3:04)
Best Table Topic Speech: Kim Jackson
Best Speaker: Phyllis Kombol
Best Evaluator: Shyam Narayan
Ah Stick: Amy Beam
Meeting ended at 10:07 a.m. Reminder: Next week is our Club International Speech and Table Topics Contest. Come and enjoy. If you can help be a judge, ballot counter, or timer, please let Joyce Preston know ASAP. Much thanks to Jerry Weikle for recording the minutes!