We had a great time on Christmas Eve at the Goldmine! Betty Walker was our wonderful, peppy Toastmaster with Phyllis as Presiding Officer. Roles included:
- Jerry as Jokemaster and Timer
- Kim as Grammarian (word of the day: "hypothesis": supposition as a basis for reasoning; assumption)
- Serena shared a Thought of the Day: "It's not the things you get at Christmas, it's the Christmas things you do all year through."
- Brian as Ah Bell/Ballot Counter (for the first time in Goldmine!)
- Richard as General Evaluator
- Jay Johnson: "What was your most memorable Christmas memory to date? He said when he was a child in Rockwell and received a play garage with a cool elevator that took your car up to a second story parking lot. Found out this actually exists in New Orleans!
- Sonny Tolbert: "Do you have any New Year's resolutions?" He said he has no resolutions until about 30 seconds before midnight.
- Kim Jackson: "If you could vacation anywhere in the world, where would it be?" Her answer was "where there is snow (but NO skiing please!).
- John Shepherd: "If you were given a gift of one million dollars and had to spend it in one day, what would you do with it? He said he would give 10% to family and the rest to charities.
Prepared Speakers & Evaluators:
- Brian Woolf (CC#10), "I Would Be Lying to You" with Serena evaluating
- Phyllis Kombol (Specialty Speeches, #2, "Come On, Get Involved with Youth" with John evaluating
***BEST EVALUATOR: John Shepherd
***ENTHUSIASTIC AWARD: Betty Walker
No "Ah" stick today! Yay!!
- Goldmine received a Christmas card from Fairfield Inn
- Will be accepting donations to Jay Nodine's church (Parkwood Baptist) through Jan. 1
- Jan 14: TLI (need at least four officers to attend; open to all)
- Dues are DUE by Dec. 30!! $60 per quarter
- Reviewed next week's schedule: Kim Jackson as Toastmaster