Guests: Lee Reith
- Serena Haneline
- Alex Porter
- Jerry Weikle
- Jessica Keyes
- Mike Hall
- Phyllis Hernandez
- John Shepherd
- Joyce Preston
- Bill Batterman
- Steve Boles
- Sonny Tolbert
- Insook Lee
- Jay Nodine
- Matthew Charity
Toastmaster: Serena Haneline
Thought of the Day: Jay Nodine
Jokemaster: Matthew Charity
Timer: Insook Lee
Ah Bell/Ballot Counter: Joyce Preston
Grammarian: Mike Hall
Table Topics Master: Alex Porter
Table Topics Contestants:
Matthew Charity: Spoke on his (lack of) plans for Labor Day
Joyce Preston: Spoke on what to tell an 18-year-old who is confused about whether or not to vote.
Insook Lee: Spoke on an act of kindness witnessed (or not witnessed)
BEST TABLE TOPIC SPEAKER: Insook Lee
Bill Batterman: (A 5-7 minute speech from the “Speaking to Inform” manual. Title: “Which Card?”)
Jessica Keyes: (A 10-12 minute speech from the “Speech by Management” manual. Title: “Let's Prepare for the Expo.”)
Jerry Weikle: (A 5-7 minute speech from the “Competent Communicator” manual, Project #9. Title: “Help Cure Knock-Knee Syndrome.”)
BEST SPEAKER: Bill Batterman
General Evaluator: Phyllis Hernandez
Steve Boles evaluated Bill Batterman.
Sonny Tolbert evaluated Jessica Keyes.
John Shepherd evaluated Jerry Weikle.
BEST EVALUATOR: John Shepherd
“AH” STICK AWARD: Bill Batterman
- Congrats to Matthew Charity on his performance at the Comedy Zone.
- Elder Orphan Care Christmas Shoeboxes (Serena). Kim Jackson's ministry, Elder Orphan Care, is collecting items for shoeboxes. For more information, email Serena.
- Bill Batterman's retirement service will be Sunday, Sept. 11. For more information, email Bill.
- Toastmasters at the Lake (Jessica) are in need of a target speaker for their evaluation contest on Sept. 22nd at 11:45 a.m.
- Olde Countrie Fair (Phyllis) will be at All Saints Episcopal on Sept. 10. For more information, email Phyllis.
- Area Council meeting will be on Sept. 10 after our regular meeting
- Sept. 15: PGT's open house
- Oct. 1: Goldmine Humorous Speech and Evaluation Contests
- Oct. 18: Area Contest
- Oct. 29: Division Contest
- Nov. 12: District Contest (at Fall conference)