Members in attendance: Sam Mullis, Serena Haneline, Jessica Keyes, Mike Hall, Jay Nodine, Steve Boles, Jerry Weikle, Alex Porter, Joyce Preston, Sonny Tolbert, Insook Lee, Matthew Charity, Kim Jackson, Richard Archer, and Bill Batterman.
Guest: Rajesh Gopalakrishna
Presiding Officer: Joyce
Thought of the Day: Alex
Ah Bell/Ballot Counter: Jerry
Table Topics Master: Joyce
Theme: "You have Won a Nobel Prize!"
1. Insook: Acceptance speech for Nobel Prize for tap dancing
2. Rajesh: Acceptance speech for Nobel Prize for window-washing
3. Steve: Acceptance speech for Nobel Prize for underwater photography
1. Serena: CC, #8, "How to Tackle Your Paper Mountains"
2. Kim: AC, Humorously Speaking, "A Tale of Tea Bags and Toothbrushes"
3. Mike: CC, #2, "RC Racing Is Fun"
1. Richard evaluated Serena
2. Matthew evaluated Kim
3. Jay evaluated Mike
Kim and Matthew were disqualified.
BEST TABLE TOPICS SPEAKER: Steve Boles
BEST SPEAKER: Serena Haneline
BEST EVALUATOR: Richard Archer
"AH" STICK: Jay Nodine
- Reviewed contests (local, area, division)
- Congrats on Bill Batterman's retirement
- "Goldmineathon" - Need to raise funds to purchase a new banner with new logo (asking $5-10 a member)
- Reviewed next week's schedule