Special thanks to Al Minter for taking the minutes at the Saturday, August 27 Goldmine meeting!
1. Sam Mullis
2. Shyam Narayan
3. Alex Porter
4. Jerry Weikle
5. Jessica Keyes
6. John Shepherd
7. Al Minter
8. Jay Nodine
9. Brian Woolf
10. Joyce Preston
11. Insook Lee
12. Matthew Charity
13. Mike Hall
Guest: Jeff Lippard from High Energy Toastmasters
Presiding Officer was President Joyce Preston
Toastmaster: Sam Mullis
· Thought of the Day: Matthew Charity
· Jokemaster: Sam Mullis
· Timer: Jessica Keyes
· Ah Bell/Ballot Counter: Joyce Preston
· Grammarian: John Shepherd
Table Topics Master: Mike Hall
Table Topics Contestants:
- Al Minter: spoke for2:06 minutes on Plane or Train?
- Jeff Lippard: Spoke for 1:19 minutes on Where would you travel?
- Joyce Preston: Spoke for 2:12 minutes on Most memorable trip?
BEST TABLE TOPIC SPEAKER: Joyce Preston
- Shyam Narayan: (A 5-7 minute speech. Title: “The Door is Not Locked.” Time: 7:13-Disqualified)
- Brian Woolf: (A 5-7 minute speech. Title: “Price of Success.” Time: 6:38
- Alex Porter: (A 5-7 minute speech. Title: “Uncle Nal and His LET” Time: 4:28)
BEST SPEAKER: Brian Woolf
General Evaluator: Insook Lee
- Matthew Charity evaluated Shyam Narayan. Time: 2:13
- Jay Nodine evaluated Brian Woolf. Time: 2:49
- Jerry Weikle evaluated Alex Porter: Time: 2:53
BEST EVALUATOR: Jerry Weikle
“AH” STICK AWARD: Mike Hall AND Al Minter
- Matthew Charity will be at the Comedy Zone on Tuesday, August 30 in uptown Charlotte. There is no admission charge.
- Humorous and Evaluation contests are approaching
- Fall conference is Nov. 11, 2011 in Fayetteville, NC
- Reviewed next week's schedule
Meeting ended at 10:00 a.m.